Now that we have defined that we need to fill the position and the results we need this position to achieve, we can start setting our focus on the target of our recruitment efforts. Again, we're going to operate guerrilla -style here so we have to focus on working smart with the resources we have.
STEP 2 - Defining your target
- With a clear understanding of the results we need this position to achieve, look within the organization to see if anyone has accomplished such results - and think a little more broadly here; If we need someone to sell 50,000 widgets this quarter, and no one else in our company has sold that many widgets before, consider:
- Do we have someone who has sold an outstanding amount of a similar product?
- Do we have an expert on widget marketing who has sales skills?
- Is there something about their training, background or development that helped them get where they are? If so, can we find others with similar talent by looking in the places where this person "grew up"?
- Do they belong to professional associations for widget sellers?
- Did they attend a college or other educational program that focuses on the widget sales profession?